Thursday, March 1, 2012

What the Love of God can do!

 A few months/weeks ago as I was entering Target, I overheard a young girl telling someone on the phone that she was homeless and had no money to buy food.  I felt that I should do something but I wasn't sure what exactly.  I walked into the store and I told myself that if I saw her in the store I would giv her my church's number.  I never did see her in the store.
Well...........

Today as I was putting stamps on my thank you note cards, I overheard the same sort of conversation.  I looked over and it was the same girl and in the same winter clothes!  Today it was 78 degrees!  Bless her heart!  She must have gotten embarrassed and didn't want me to hear, so she walked away.  I rushed to find something to write my church's number on and found a sticker label for  a package.  I gave her the sticker and she thanked me.  She asked me what my  name was  and she told me it was a pretty name & that I was pretty too!  How sweet of her!


I left with a heavy heart and tearful eyes. I called the church and they told me that she had called but that the call was lost. I'm praying to God that she is able to call back and that she will get the help from our Mercy Ministry that she needs so desperately. It was definitely God prompting me to do this, because if it were up to me, I would not have done this because I would have been too nervous. The love of God can do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.